Microsoft Office Lens
It’s The “Scanner In Your Pocket”
Trying to keep track of important notes from meetings and organize all those post-it notes on your desk is annoying, right? Microsoft Office Lens is a strategic business technology that allows you and your team to quickly capture and centralize important information for easy reference and access.
Despite the ongoing advancement of business and consumer technology, there has always been a frustrating divide between physical and digital text.
That is, if you wanted to take what you wrote on a whiteboard, or what you have in hand on a hard copy document and put it into an editable word document, you’d have to do so the long way.
Not anymore – the Microsoft Office Lens app is a “scanner in your pocket”, giving you the ability to scan real-world text and instantly convert it to a digital, convenient counterpart. Check out our latest video to learn all about it:
What Is Microsoft Office Lens?
Using Microsoft Lens comes down to four simple steps:
- Capture: Using the Microsoft Office Lens app, you take a picture of the document, whiteboard, or other content (business card, receipt, etc.) you want to digitize.
- Trim: Adjust the edges of the image to make sure the borders of the final image line up with that on the real-world counterpart.
- Format: Select which format you want to save it as: PDF, Word document, or PowerPoint Presentation.
- Store: Save it locally to your device, or directly to OneDrive or SharePoint.
When Should You Use Microsoft Office Lens?
- Editing Text: If you only have access to a hard copy document or image-based PDF, you can use Microsoft Office Lens to scan the text into an editable Microsoft Word document.
- Indexed Records: Whether it’s your receipts or your collection of business cards, you can save and search their text through Microsoft Office Lens.
- Whiteboard Content: Don’t lose all that work you and your team put on the whiteboard during your last brainstorming session – take a photo and save it through Microsoft Office Lens where you can edit and search recognized text at a later date.
Microsoft Office Lens is yet another example of how one simple app can save you a lot of time and effort in the long run. By integrating this app into your daily document management processes both inside and outside of the office, you can streamline what were once tedious and time-consuming tasks.
Everyday, I work to ensure organizations are leveraging technology to optimize their business, improve employee performance and satisfaction, and protect themselves from cybersecurity threats. I love my role in business development because it allows me to connect with all facets of a business. My primary focus is working with new prospective clients and introducing them to the Generation IX way of IT services and support. Additionally, I evaluate new technology and potential vendor partnerships. We are constantly looking for the best solutions for our clients.