Embracing The Power of Technology for Greater Productivity in the Architecture Industry
Architecture firms are no stranger to embracing technology – from computers to the internet to smartphones, and more recently, AutoCAD and BIM. Naturally, technology enables architects to work together seamlessly on designs, but does this truly improve productivity, and in turn, profitability for the firm? Productivity is, by nature, the measure of how much output is produced within a given time period – making it difficult to assign a level of “productivity” to any service industry that requires quality as an integral aspect of the value of service. So how can architects leverage the power of technology for greater productivity? It’s all about using the right tools to collaborate more efficiently and save time throughout the day.
In the Architectural Realm, The Quality of an Architect’s Work Tends to Hold More Importance Than the Quantity… But That Doesn’t Mean You Can’t Utilize Technology to Improve Both.
Although it’s possible to leverage tools designed to help improve output, the quality of an architect’s work tends to hold more importance as it leads to a greater level of client satisfaction. In the fast-paced world of architecture, it’s vital to take advantage of the right tools to create more complex, impressive buildings, and in many cases, this can be done quicker than without technology. For instance, if you’re using a digital design tool from the conceptual design stage through to construction and commissioning of the building, you’re able to:
- Streamline the more mundane, time-consuming elements of design to spend more time on creativity.
- Explore directions and geometries that aren’t as easy to imagine, which in turn, enables you to find new efficiencies.
- Coordinate a better use of materials to create more exciting spaces, and in many cases, improve environmental efficiency.
- Enable anytime, anywhere access to centralized data that lets your team members make live updates on projects.
At the end of the day, it comes down to controlling the process in a more efficient manner that keeps your architects on time and within budget. If there’s a floor plan changing every few days, you’re able to update your model much quicker rather than remodeling every time the floor plan changes.
How Does Generation IX Help Architecture Firms Improve the Quality and Quantity of Their Work? We Know the Industry, and the Digital Technologies That Can Be Applied, Inside and Out.
Generation IX has been working with architecture firms throughout Los Angeles for more than 20 years. We know the industry, and the digital technologies that can be applied, inside and out, including:
- 3D printing that can be used to streamline design models, onsite production of construction products, and much more.
- Big data and predictive analytics to keep track of construction processes, project history, and more.
- Augmented reality and real-time rendering that enables you to visualize and test designs before production begins.
We work with architecture firms to manage the basics – from around-the-clock monitoring, regular maintenance, and help desk services – all the way to helping them implement innovative digital technologies designed to improve productivity, and ultimately, profitability.
Like this article? Keep reading…