How a Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Can Help Mitigate IT Risks
Say you install a “state-of-the-art” security system at your house: cameras, alarms, motion sensors, the works. The provider guarantees that it’ll deter or alert you of any threats or criminals, so you sleep comfortably at night.
But you never tested the alarm or walked past a motion sensor while it was on to see if anything happened. The cameras look great, but you haven’t checked the app to see how good the visibility is or whether all the data is saving. You’re not even sure if the police are called when a certain alarm goes off, even though that’s what you were promised.
You may have implemented the most advanced cybersecurity tools for your business but if they haven’t been tested, or assessed, then there’s no assurance that they’ll do their job. That’s why cybersecurity risk assessments are vital for every business.
Risks Facing Your Business in 2023
As the digital world evolves, so do the risks associated with it. With more than 90% of cyberattacks beginning with malicious emails, companies need to make cybersecurity a top priority.
In 2022, the average cyberattack cost $9.44 million. Weak security not only leaves you vulnerable to cybercrime. You’ll also experience slow data speeds and be unable to access important information.
How Do You Know If Your Cybersecurity Actually Works?
To know the true strength of your security, you need to test it. By using risk assessment services, you can find weak spots and potential threats before they cause damage. A cybersecurity risk assessment looks like this:
- Analyze: Get an in-depth understanding of how your system works and what’s vulnerable.
- Identify: Identify potential threats and understand the impact they could have on your business.
- Evaluate: Assess the risk level of each threat and decide which ones to prioritize first.
- Suggest: Get suggestions on how to improve your security posture and protect against the identified threats.
- Test: Test each suggestion to ensure it works as expected.
- Monitor: Monitor for changes in the cyber landscape and new risks that could affect your system.
By partnering with a managed service provider and having a risk assessment, you find your weaknesses before a hacker can. No security system is perfect; each one will have its weaknesses. But you won’t know what they are unless you look for them.
How a Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Will Help You Lower Risk and Costs
After using risk assessment services, you’ll see the following impact on your business:
- Reduced vulnerability to attacks
- Less downtime due to cybercrime
- Avoiding costly data breaches and ransomware attacks
- Peace of mind knowing that your security is up to date and functioning properly
- Lower overall cybersecurity costs, including cyber insurance
Partner With Generation IX for Better Cybersecurity
After 20 years of helping businesses like yours do risk assessments, we’ve recognized that a business’s cybersecurity is rarely as good as they hope. Your security system is only as good as its weakest link, so make sure you’re taking all the necessary steps to keep your business secure.
Our security services will help you understand the risks you face and how to protect your data. Schedule a consultation with our team so you can start seeing the impact better security can have on your business.
Everyday, I work to ensure organizations are leveraging technology to optimize their business, improve employee performance and satisfaction, and protect themselves from cybersecurity threats. I love my role in business development because it allows me to connect with all facets of a business. My primary focus is working with new prospective clients and introducing them to the Generation IX way of IT services and support. Additionally, I evaluate new technology and potential vendor partnerships. We are constantly looking for the best solutions for our clients.