Here Are A Few Questions To Ask Your IT Company To Determine Their Level Of Skill
A tool is only as effective as the person wielding it. Wouldn’t you agree?
This gets at a core issue in the IT world today. No matter how new or well-designed your technology is, it has to be properly supported. Are you confident that your current IT company is up to the task?
They may be, but if you think they’re not, there’s a good reason why…
The Growing Lack Of IT Expertise
As the IT industry continues to grow, the number of skilled workers available to fill the many new positions isn’t keeping up with it.
That’s why cloud computing is one of the most in-demand technical skills in the country, more so than mobile app development and social media marketing. Furthermore, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that employment opportunities in the computer and IT sector will grow by 12% in the next ten years, far faster than the average expected rate of job growth.
What about cybersecurity?
As the fastest growing sector of the IT world, cybersecurity skills are in high demand. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be an adequate supply. Recent polling performed on behalf of Tripwire found even more troubling evidence:
- 93% of polled IT security professionals say the skills required to be a great security professional have changed over the past few years, which is making it harder to find properly skilled cybersecurity professionals.
- 85% report their security teams are already understaffed, and only 1% believe they can manage all of their organization’s cybersecurity needs when facing a shortage of skilled workers.
- 96% say they are either currently facing difficulty in staffing security teams due to the skills gap or can see it coming.
Have You Found The Skilled IT Support You Need?
Experience and skill can’t be bought or faked. The only way to get it is to put in the work and take the time.
When you’re looking for an IT company to support what you do, you need to find one that has the expertise you need. Make sure to ask questions aimed at determining their level of skill:
1. Do You Understand The Industry I Work In?
You don’t just deserve better than generic IT services – you need them. You shouldn’t accept anything less than a team that knows about the manufacturing industry. What your pain points are, what your primary line of business applications are, what the future of your industry is, etc. Make sure they know their stuff before you agree to work with them.
2. Will You Keep Me Secure?
An important part of any IT service is proper digital security. To ensure you are safe from cybercriminals, the right computer services company will offer comprehensive IT security measures, including:
- Firewall settings
- Intrusion detection
- Intrusion prevention
- Encryption at the file level
- How those services are carried out
3. Do You Offer New Technologies?
You don’t want to miss out on the latest and greatest in IT innovations. The right IT company will be able to give you the advantages that come with the most recent applications of cloud technology.
Cloud technology, when properly implemented and supported, will allow you to minimize your hardware, scale easily, and gain access to your data when and where you need to.
4. What Are Your Standards of Quality?
Make sure you find out about their staff’s qualifications and certifications.
The right IT company should be able to provide you with information regarding the certifications held by their staff and relay how these will meet your needs. Similarly, check which Partner Certifications and Technical Specialties do they hold.
Furthermore, do they require continuous training of their IT techs? This is the only way to ensure technicians have the most recent certifications.
You should also know how long they have been providing technology services. They should have a minimum of three years of experience in the service, support, and solutions you require. Likewise, it’s good to know how big of a business they are – if they are a small company, you’re more likely to be high on their priority list.
However, larger IT companies typically offer a broad knowledge base and capabilities. Plus, their available resources may be more expansive. You must weigh the benefits of each and decide which is best.
Like this article? Check out the following blogs to learn more:
- Store and Access Your Business Data & Programs Over the Internet Easily
- Los Angeles IT Services
- Solid Cabling Infastructure for Fast and Secure Networks
- Network Support in Los Angeles
- Managed IT Services in Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Outsourcing IT Services 4 Immediate Benefits
- IT Solutions in Los Angeles
- Average Cost of IT Support Services in Los Angeles
- IT Consulting Services Los Angeles & Southern California
- Effective Protection from Ransomware and Phishing Attacks
Everyday, I work to ensure organizations are leveraging technology to optimize their business, improve employee performance and satisfaction, and protect themselves from cybersecurity threats. I love my role in business development because it allows me to connect with all facets of a business. My primary focus is working with new prospective clients and introducing them to the Generation IX way of IT services and support. Additionally, I evaluate new technology and potential vendor partnerships. We are constantly looking for the best solutions for our clients.