What an IT Company SHOULD Be Doing
Gone are the days of managing your own information technology infrastructure. It’s the 21st-century and most businesses have far too much hardware, software, and other equipment to handle on their own. Nowadays, it’s no longer cost-efficient to hire an internal person or team to provide the support you need. As outsourcing becomes more common, it’s important for business owners to know what an IT company SHOULD be doing. Why? Because if you’re not very tech-savvy and they don’t communicate well with you, you’re left in the dark – and for all you know, they might not be doing much of anything.
Here’s an easy-to-follow checklist that outlines what an IT company SHOULD be doing in exchange for what you’re paying them. Take a look and bring each point up to your technology partner to make sure they’re on track.
- Monitoring and maintaining your entire infrastructure including applying patches, updates, and watching for any sort of issues.
- Performing and testing backups regularly to make sure they’re recoverable when you need them most.
- Implementing the right security solutions and/or protocols to keep your network and all devices safe against hackers.
- Providing cybersecurity awareness training to your team so they know how to use the internet safely to avoid infections.
- Keeping track of upcoming upgrades and/or purchases to ensure you’re always running the most up-to-date hardware and software.
- Communicating with you on a strategic level in terms of any changes they recommend and/or new ways to alleviate challenges.
- Responding to support requests in a timely manner because nobody should wait hours, or worse, days for a response.
Review the checklist above. If you think they’re not doing one or more of the points listed, have a chat with them and see what’s happening. If you’re ready to move on, give us a call: (310) 477-4441.
- Network Support in Los Angeles
- IT Consulting Services Los Angeles & Southern California
- Managed IT Services in Los Angeles
- Los Angeles IT Services
- Los Angeles Outsourcing IT Services 4 Immediate Benefits
- Effective Protection from Ransomware and Phishing Attacks
- Average Cost of IT Support Services in Los Angeles
- Store and Access Your Business Data & Programs Over the Internet Easily
- IT Solutions in Los Angeles
- Solid Cabling Infastructure for Fast and Secure Networks